Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Bits and Bobs

A few things I picked up and love...ya know.  Being a girl and all. :)
This ADORABLE peplum top from Banana Republic.  It fits like a glove and looks amazing.  I feel like a step ford wife/Barbie/Peg Bundy/50s bobby-soxer in it and I love all those references to death.

Here's how that white "leather-look" peplum from one of my last posts on me.  It's cute right?  I got it to fit a little looser because I think tight + leather +  white could go very  White Snake video in no time.  Loose looking is much more casual and "of the moment"...it's all about a balance.  The pants are from way back and actually went to the Elizabeth Fy Society on Monday.  So long and good luck!

From Banana Republic to go with little yellow peplum but I find I am wearing them with a lot.  Even a black tank top.  Lemon yellow is totes #trending.  Didn't ya know?

Attention: Roxy Rave About To Commense
Ok, these pants.  You guys are going to think I'm crazy with these.  But let me first say, as a pear shaped girl who is also on the tall side (5'8.5") it's very hard to find shorts that fit, never mind are also flattering. Everything now seems to be labia-grazing and don't get me wrong, if I had the legs I would be WERKIN' that look... but I don't.  To compensate, in summer I wear a lot of A-line dresses and pencil skirts which are great but sometimes I just want to go take the kids to the park, bend down to tie my shoes, or sit cross legged.
Enter these $12 Wal*Mart wonders.  They are glorified bike-shorts but they have enough stiffness to not "hug" all those wrong places on me, they go down to right above knee so no unsightly bulge tin that area and they are polka-dotted, so why not? If you have a hard time with shorts, go to your nearest Wally World and give 'em a whirl.  Again, why not?
Tata little tinkers!!
xoxo
Roxanne

No comments:

Post a Comment