Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Early Spring Dressing Ideas

As I troll through the internet, the mall, boutiques and the like, I see a bunch of beautiful spring choices out there.  As it is still cold and snowy here, we definitely aren't into flimsy spring territory yet, but a hint of colour and some transitional pieces that will take us into late spring/summer are a must.
Here are some beautiful things I've seen that are wants for me for sure:
Pastel/coloured jeans.  They are everywhere, right?  I'm a little over them now that I've seen tweens wearing them for months (is that snobby?) but I think this periwinkle blue pair mixed with this adorable sweater and shoe combo hits all the right notes.  And all that gold?  You know I love that!
So, as I said above, it's still cold here so a jacket is still a requirement, and I just always love a good jacket.  This fuschia one over the denim on cropped denim with the black heels and the pop of colour from the bag.  All the right notes!
I need these jeans! They are 7 for All Mankind and I absolutely love them!  And with a sweet little blouse and cardi I think this is spring incarnate.
I pretty much want to eat these heels for breakfast! I have the black pants and a similar white shirt so all I need is a strappy pair of black heels in my life and I'm laughing.  I totally have pastel purses, I mean, c'mon.
Colour! This skirt is great for spring.  The length, the colours and then the sweater tucked into it just makes my heart sing.
And for when it gets warmer: consider leather with bare legs.  HAWT!  This is Sofi Farhman here and she is a couple months pregnant in this shot.  So guess what moms? The bar has been set sartorially.  No excuses. ;)
I love a 2 tone coat! Love! And the colours of this one just add a song to spring that I want to hear on and on.
Another skirt and sweater combo that lets you continue wearing your beautiful sweaters that you accumulated all winter and pair it with those skirts and sandals you've been saving since last summer.  Parfait! #shopyourclosetyousillybitches
Flats again! Please!!! I love a good pair of leopard ones and they can be worn with anything (as long as the snow as melted).
Another coloured jacket, this one a bit lighter for those warm spring days/hot summer nights.  And a nautical nod with the striped shirt is always a classic/springy look.
A clutch and an arm party.  Stiill en vogue as far as I'm concerned and you won't see me out with spring without it. 

Have fun with your fashion!
xoxo
RW

No comments:

Post a Comment