Monday, April 2, 2012

What I Pack:Toiletries & Cosmetics to Mexico

As I've already posted some things I'll be wearing, I thought I'd show you some of the things that will be on my face :
A must for a sunny climate: SPF lip balm.  I love Nivea and I love their prices.  Picked these SPF 30 babies up for under $2 at Walmart, which is much better than the $11 (at cost!) for SPF 15 Dermalogica version we sell at work.
This is not really hand cream, it's Joico K-Pak conditioner in an Avojuice container.  And the thing with the blue lid is my Paul Mitchell "The One" shampoo.  I probably won't be washing my hair everyday while I'm there, so this should be enough for the trip.
Clockwise from top: cheapy facial towelettes for emergency makeup removal, Lierac face cream, Cetaphil facial cleanser in travel size, Marcelle cream sample from magazine, travel size Aveeno body moisturizer, some dermalogica samples, Nivea cream (from rough elbows to around my eyes) and ontehr body moisturizer sample from a hotel.  I like the idea of using stuff up and leaving the packaging there.  Making more room for shopping....
A big body wash (the travel sizes are good for one use) and this one doubles as a shave cream as well.  And of course, an exfoliating puff and razor!
My new nail polishes (Quo and Essie) and an old favourite (Revlon "Jaded") and some nail polish remover pads.  And my trusty file!
Randoms: a Calgon body splash and my Brocato "Back to the Beach" sea salt spray for my hair!
Bangles galore!! Rattan ones, metal ones, plastic ones and even Spongebob Silly Bands...they all gotta come!
The necklaces and earrings I will be brining.  Some fluorescent, some turquoise, some wood and some feathers.  
As I am going for a bright lip look, I gotta bring my Revlon Lip Butters in these vibrant shades.  Plus a leGloss gloss to make me, you know, glossy.  Duh!
Ok, this doesn't seem likes a lot of makeup but I am trying to pack light! Plus, my wonderful mother-in-law is bringing me an Estee Lauder BB cream and some other EL goodies she picked up for me so I don't want to overdo it.   These are my tried and true!
Pictured clockwise from top: Physician Formula gel eye liner for green eyes, Joe cream blushes in Bloom and Apricot, Tarte face primer, Urban Decay eye primer, Kat Von D concealer, Maybelline Dream Matte face powder, Physicians Formula mascara, and NYC bronzer in "Sunny."
And these are the minimal amount of brushes I'm brining.  The 4 on left are from Forever 21 online and the last 2 are Quo.  And of course, a set of tweezers (pictured at top).

And that's, like, it! Can you believe it!!!??? I can't and will probably start throwing in blushes and eyeshadows at the last minute.  Wish me luck.

xoxo
RW

No comments:

Post a Comment