Friday, September 9, 2011

Friggin' Fall Fashion!

I love fall. I love fashion. I love fall fashion.
That being said, I'm a mom of two living in RURAL Ontario. I don't think ponchos and tartan onesies are gonna be flying too high here in Amish country.
But I still like to have fun with my clothes, be current, participate in trends. So I went through some of the designer looks and picked the top 8 things that are going to work for me and then compiled some other looks from the runway that are totally wearbale and probably just updated takes on things you already have. Or they have easy-to-find mall versions. You know, for when you load up the horse and buggy and head into the big city...
1) How to wear that black pencil skirt in your closet (look could actually work with any black skirt-whatever suits your bod). Tuck a shirt in tight to show waist (or wear body sut) and make it a beautiful fall shade. This green is gorge! But try a maroon or burnt orange or plum or.... (Look from Zac Posen Fall RTW)
2) This look I just love. Effortless style. Perfect for a regualr person's casual lifestyle. And I think universally flattering (with a few tweaks). This look is from Gap's Fall Runway show and I actually just ordered the shirt and it's amazing. I will be wearing it tucked into some brown straight leg slacks or bloused out over some Gap Really Skinny black pants. And I'm by no means Really skinny, so bear that in mind. But of course, any tied blouse would work (there are often lots at charity shops), you probably have a brown belt (if not, you probably should) and invest in some flattering straight-leg or wide leg pants (whatever works on you) cause you'll wear them to death.
3) That damn little sweater is popping up everywhere! Here we see it at Akris but it's all over the map. Over pants, over baggy shirts with leggings, even over floral dresses at Balenciaga (idea: a way to bring all those damn floral dresses you had to have this spring into fall). I find the sweater to be hard to wear for anyone with any kind of figure. If your hourglass, you loose out on your waist if the sweater's loose, if youo're top heavy, you end up looking like Spongebob.... Also, who wants anything to kit above thier navel when they are wearing pants? When you sit down there's going to be rolls for days. So put the sweater over a structured skirt and your girdled in and ready to go. Works for office or going out depending on styling and fabrics. And don't you just love the navy and black together? I know I do.
xoxo
Roxanne

No comments:

Post a Comment